Wednesday 14 September 2016

V for Vendetta/ Guy Fawkes

V for Vendetta/ Guy Fawkes


I used face paints and eye shadows to recreate the V for Vendetta mask on my face. 

Products 

Snazaroo White and Black Facepaint
Dollymix Blush by MAC
MUA Matte Winter Collection Palette (Chino)
MUA Romantic Efflorescence Palette (Captivate, Lavish)






Step by Step - 

1) White face paint is applied all over the face, A few coats may be needed to get fuller coverage. Clown white, Supracolor cream makeup or white foundation can be used as an alternative base. I then brushed white paint through my brow hairs to coat them and make them less visible. 

2) I used black face paint to paint on the brows and did the arch a bit higher than my natural arch. The front of the brows have a rounded shape. I then used 'Captivate' and 'Lavish' From the MUA Romantic Efflorescence Palette to add frown lines at the start of the brow and to add a curved line above the brow. This make the brow appear as if it is raised. I then used the same shades to contour the cheeks but give them a rounded shape stemming from the nasal fold to along the cheekbone. The nose is also contoured. I then blended some lines from the chin to the center of the apple of the new cheek we have just created. 

3) I then took black face paint and painted my eyelid and lower lash line to create a new black eye for the mask. When the eye is closed this will make it appear as if it is part of the mask. The mustache is then added by creating a small triangle where the cupids bow is and then adding a line on either side going down and then across and then up. This sounds confusing so it may be best to follow the shape in the picture, I used a picture reference of the mask to help with this. I wanted the mustache to end under the apple of the cheek. 

4) The two shades from the same MUA Palette are then used to create a straighter bottom lip as apposed to my natural curve of my bottom lip. This joins at the sides with the mustache. I then added a rim around the eyes with the same shadows and darkened the inner corner with them. Wrinkles were added around the eyes by making dashes with an angled brush dipped in the same shadows. A small curved line was added under the eye on the cheek to give the appearance that the face is smiling. 

5) The chin has a painted kinda of goatee on it so again I used picture reference to get the shape right and painted this on with baack paint. MAC Dollymix Blush is added on the highest point of the apple of the cheeks and on the center of the bottom lip. 'Chino' from the MUA Winter Matte Palette was used to darken any lines that may have needed more definition. White facepaint is used to highlight around the wrinkles and lines of shadow to make them stand out further. 

The look was then complete. This is a fairly easy and quick look to do and is soo effective for halloween with or without your eyes closed. Gel liner can be used around the eyes with a primer to stop creasing if needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment