Wednesday 14 September 2016

Ripped off Face

Ripped off Face

I wanted to try a creepy gory Halloween makeup look and as I still have a latex version of my face I thought I could use this too. I saw an image of a makeup look where someone face was almost split in half and one side was sliding off. I took inspiration from this and will try and find the original image to show where this idea came from. 

Products 

Pro-shield by Kryolan 
Urban Decay Primer Potion 
Urban Decay Smoky Palette ('Thirteen', 'Password' and 'Combat')
Kryolan Supracolor Palette (079 light red, 082 dark red)
Sleek Concealer Palette in Light
Maybelline Gel Liner in Black 
Mascara 
False Lashes
Cotton Pad 
Pros-aide 
Black Pencil Liner
ProBlood 
Artex by Kryolan 
Ben Nye Thick Blood in Dark 
Ben Nye Thick Blood in Light
Latex Face (see 'inner demons makeup look)



Step by Step -

1) Firstly I cut my latex copy of my face in half. To make the latex copy of your face refer to the 'Inner Demons' makeup look. Pro-shield is a barrier foam which I added before all over the skin on my face to protect it from staining as red greasepaint and blood can stain the skin. 

2)I then took a black eyeliner and mapped out a line where the blood will start and the rest of my face will be intact. I then primed the eyes with primer potion and used 'Thirteen' from the Urban Decay Smoky Palette to set this. I then used 'combat' from the same Urban Decay Palette as a transition shade on the eye which will be opposite the gory side. 'Password' which is again from the same palette is swept through the crease of the same eye to give a smoky effect. Winged eyeliner is added on the upper lash line with a Black Gel Liner by Maybelline. The inner corner and lower lash line is lined using an angled brush dipped in 'Black Market' from the Urban Decay Smoky Palette. Mascara and lashes are added to the eye. Sleek Concealer is used under this eye and set with powder.

3)Time to move on to the gory side of the face. I used Prosaide to glue a cotton pad over my eye as to give the illusion that I no longer have an eyeball. I then coloured this over with a light red (079) grease paint from the Kryolan Supracolor Palette. I darkened the edges of the cotton pad with a dark red Supracolor (082). I used Artex by Kryolan all over the face to create an uneven texture. Artex is a product which comes in part A and part B. You mix together equal amounts and it will start to set but it can set quickly so you have to work fast. I hit the edges of the cotton pad with this and as it started to dry I manipulated it with a metal spatula to make it uneven. Gelatin is a cheap alternative for Artex.

4) I then coloured the gory side of my face with the light red Supracolour (079) and where there would naturally be a shadow ( the dips of the textured Artex) a darker red Supracolour is used to add depth the the edges (082). I then used Ben Nye Thick Blood in Dark and Light to not only add blood but also add chunks of flesh like clumps to the skin. I put quite a lot of the darker thick blood on the cotton pad to give it the appearance of depth in the eye socket considering I no longer have an eye visible. Problood by Kryolan which is a runnier blood is then added to the face. Washing up liquid can be dabbed on top as an emulsifier if the blood separates due to the oil in the Supracolour cream makeup.

5) The half of the latex face can be cut into what shape or width you like. I cut mine down so there is a space in the middle which made the look almost disturbing to look at. Thick blood can be added to the edges of the line in the middle of the face. This is the final look.

This can be slightly uncomfortable for the eye which is under the cotton pad but it is an effective look.


No comments:

Post a Comment