Saturday 24 September 2016

Crazy Jester

Crazy Jester

I wanted to do a look which was a bit different so I choose to do a jester. I made it more of a creepy design as I like the idea of a crazed jester. 

For this look I couldn't find a jester hat I liked so I made a head piece to suit my design.


The Head Piece

  



Products and tools

Tin Foil
Black Electrical Tape
Masking Tape
A headband
Red Acrylic Paint
Black Acrylic Paint


Step by Step -

1) I took a plain pink headband and covered it in Black Electrical tape. I then ripped off a few sheets of tin foil and molded them into a horn shape. I repeated this again and so I had two. I then covered them in black electrical tape. I wanted to make them even bigger so I wrapped more tin foil around them until I was happy with the size. Masking tape was then wrapped around them and one was painted black and the other red.

2) Once the pieces were dry I then glue gunned them to either side of the headband.



Makeup



Products

Snazaroo Black Face Paint
Snazaroo Red Face Paint
Snazaroo White Face Paint
Snazaroo Pink Face Paint
MAC 'Ebony' Black Pencil Liner
Mascara
Black Eye Shadow
Red hairspray 


Step by Step - 

1) I started off by outlining the mouth with back face paint. The shape is a bit more pointed on the chin than any of the other mouth shapes I've painted. Once the outline in complete I then painted in the teeth inside and between each tooth I use pink paint to create a gum. I then filled I the teeth shapes with white and black was used to colour everything else in the mouth outline.

2) I then used red paint around the mouth outline and went on to outline the edge of this in black which will create lips. The eyes were the next step. I used black paint to create the harsh shape of the brow and then joined the bottom of the eye shape with the top. It's hard to explain the shape so it's easier to look at the face chart/ images of the final look to try and follow the shape. I then filled this in with red paint and shaded the inner corner with black eye shadow. I also blended this under the new brow. The waterline, lower and upper lash line were then lined with MAC's 'Ebony' Black Pencil Liner. I then blended this out with black eye shadow.

3) My face was then painted white and I added curved lines above my brows to make them appear raised. I also added dashes near the inner corner of my eye going onto my nose to make it appear crinkled. Black paint was used to paint on the nose which is almost the shape of a skeleton nose but just thinner and pointier. Again this is easier to follow the shape by looking at the images. I added smile lines just above the mouth too.

4) Mascara was swept through the lashes. White paint was taken down the neck and on the ears. I then painted white spiky shapes on the chest and outlined them in black. I used black shadow to add lines between the spikes to give them more definition. I also blended black shadow on the very tips of them.

5) I used the same Black Pencil to draw diamond shapes on the chest. The easiest way I found to do this was to use the gap between the two spikes and draw a triangle at the bottom of them to create a diamond. I then painted them black. This was extended down the chest with more diamond shapes in red and then in black.

6) White circles were added at the end of the spikes and I outlined these in black. My hair was put into pigtails (bunches) and the bottom were sprayed with red hairspray. I then put on the headband to complete the look




Crazy Jester
MUA: Chelsey Pavey
Headpiece also made by Chelsey Pavey

Crazy Jester 
MUA: Chelsey Pavey
Headpiece also made by Chelsey Pavey

Crazy Jester 
MUA: Chelsey Pavey
Headpiece also made by Chelsey Pavey

Crazy Jester 
MUA: Chelsey Pavey
Headpiece also made by Chelsey Pavey

No comments:

Post a Comment