Saturday 24 September 2016

Jack Skellington

Jack Skellington


This Halloween makeup look is inspired by the character Jack Skellington from 'A Nightmare Before Christmas'. 

Products 

Snazaroo Black Face Paint 
Snazaroo White Face Paint 
MAC Black Eye Pencil 
Mascara 
Black Eye Shadow 


Step by Step - 

1) I started off by painting the whole face white. I then mapped out the eye with black face paint. I made the top line curved to give the appearance of an eyebrow. I then added a line above the curved eye shape to further give the face a creepy expression. I used a black eye shadow to blend this out slightly. 

2) I add a bit of black eye shadow around the eyes and use white paint to smooth the colour out and fade it a bit. This gives the new eye sockets depth. The mouth is then painted on as a thin smile and is slightly thickened on the lips. Dashes are added across the line. The nose is quite challenging as he character himself has his nostrils up quite high but when I tried that it didn't look right so I added ovals just above my natural nostrils in black paint. 

3) I painted several square shapes down the neck and out lined this with black paint flicking inwards on each side to made it look like cartoon bones. The edges are shaded with the black shadow. A cat face is then outline on the center of the chest and filled in with black leaving two eyes which are coloured in white. I then used white paint to create a curved triangle shape on the chest below the cat which will be part of his costume.The edges are shaded with the black shadow.

4) The rest of the chest and arms are then painted black leaving a curved white strip at the top (above the cat) which should be the top part of the white vest under the black suit. I then outlined the spiky triangles leaving 3 on either side of the cat with white paint. I added lines in the middle of each spike and a half line joining to the part of the outline which is closest to the cat. I then painted on the fold in the suit, I had to go around the spikes with the line coming out towards the shoulder then thinning going down to the chest. Stripes were added down this strip with white paint. 

5) I outlined the cat i white to make it clearer. A white line was added to separate the shoulder/arm area to the chest like a seam on a normal suit. White lines are painted down the chest and arms. The neck is painted black around the white bone shapes. Black pencil liner is added to the waterline and mascara is swept through the lashes. I rounded the face shape by using black paint around the edges of my face. I added a black hat to cover my hair. The look was then complete.

Jack Skellington
MUA: Chelsey Pavey

No comments:

Post a Comment