Wednesday 3 August 2016

Golden Goddess

Golden Goddess


I have always wanted to do a makeup look for a goddess so I started designing a face chart to create my vision. I've recently been on holiday so I thought now would be the best time to completely it as a tan would set off the golden element of the look. I also did some henna and had an outfit which I thought would suit the theme so once my ideas came together I had to make them a reality. This makeup look isn't too drastic as face or body paint isn't involved, it's more about liner and glowing skin with the addition of glitter.

Face charts 

Golden Goddess Face Chart by Chelsey Pavey

This is my original face chart which had some of my ideas for this look, as you can see by the photos below that some of the elements have changed as my plan developed.

Golden Goddess Face Chart by Chelsey Pavey
This is my final design on a face chart and is more accurate to the makeup look I wore.

Products

Urban Decay Primer Potion 
Urban Decay Smoky Palette (Thirteen)
Urban Decay Naked Palette (Smog)
Kryolan Mascara Cake 
Maybelline Gel Liner
Black Track Gel Liner
Mascara
Kryolan Cream Liner in 'Snow'
'Carbon' Eye Shadow by MAC 
Orange Eye Shadow
Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette (Bitter)
NYX Glitter Glue 
Tantrum Gold Glitter
Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Creme De Nude'
MUA Twelfth Night Palette (Ice)
Ardell Babies Lashes 
Red Cherry Wispies Lashes 
Eylure 157 Texture Lashes
Sleek Concealer Palette 
Sleek Contour Palette in Dark 
Makeup Forever HD Foundation 
Supercover Translucent Powder
Anastasia Contour Kit
Anastasia Glow Kit
'Spice' Lip Pencil by MAC 
I Love Makeup Lipstick in 'Is This All I Need'
Reflective Gold Gloss
Kryolan Hair Gel Glitter in 'Pearl'
Kryolan Aqua Glitter in 'Light Bronze'

Step by Step -

1) Prime the eyes with urban Decay Primer Potion and set this with 'Thirteen' by Urban Decay (the pale shade in the Smoky palette)

2) I filled in my brows next with a wet brush dipped in the Brown shade from the Kryolan Cake Mascara kit (can also be used for liner). This will make them more prominent.

3) I then used tape on the outer corner of my eyes making sure the angle is really winged out.  I started off the eye makeup by applying the winger liner using Maybelline Gel Liner in Black. I made the wings quite long with a medium thickness. The inner corner was also taken quite far in to give it a cat eye effect. I then outlined a cut crease using Black Track Gel Liner from MAC because this isn't as thick and will glide on in a smooth line. I created a line going from the start of the brow downwards to the inner corner and connected this to the cut crease line. The outer end of the cut crease line should be a little bit longer than the winged liner on the lash line.This is blended slightly.

4) An orange eye shadow is swept above the cut crease line and blended out. 'Smog' from the Urban Decay Naked Palette is added closer to the line and also blended out. 'Carbon' by MAC is used to soften the cut crease line and 'Bitter' by Urban Decay (Vice 4 Palette) is used to blend this out further.

5) Maybelline Color Tattoo in 'Creme De Nude' is applied to the eyelid in between the two liners (the winged on the upper lash line and the cut crease liner). NYX Glitter Glue is put on top of this and gold glitter is added too.

6) 'Ice' from the MUA Twelfth Night Palette is added to the inner part of the lid. The tape is removed and Black Track is used to paint a line under the lower lash line and flicked to below the liner in the inner corner. Kryolan 'Snow' Cream Liner is put in the waterline and lower lash line. This will make the eyes appear bigger.

7) 'Bitter' eye shadow is blended below the lower liner. Mascara is brushed on the top lashes. I then added Ardell Babies Lashes on the lower liner and Eylure 157 Texture lashes with Red Cherry Wispies on the upper lash line.

8) I removed the glitter fall out before I concealed my under eyes with the Sleek Concealer Palette. I used the Sleek Cream Contour Palette to shade my cheekbones, forehead, jawline and sides of my nose. Makeup Forever HD Foundation was applied to the face and everything was blended out.  I set my base with a translucent powder by Supercover.

9) I then went over my contour with the Anastasia Contour Kit. I used 'Mimosa' from the Anastasia Glow Kit on my cheekbones where I would usually put blush or bronzer and also on my forehead. 'Crushed Pearl' is then applied to the nose, cupids bow, brow bones and very tops of cheekbones.

10) 'Spice' Lip Pencil by MAC is used to line the lips and I then take a pinkish/nude tone lipstick ( 'Is This All I Need' by I Love Makeup) and paint this all over my lips. A gloss which reflects gold is then added to the very center of the lips, I used a cheap one for this so I'm unsure of the brand.

11) I applied two types of glitter to the cheekbones, neck and forehead (coming down the center of the forehead then curving in two arches just like the top half of a heart). Kryolan Aqua Glitter in 'Light Bronze' and a hair gel by Kryolan in 'Pearl'.

12) My hair was put it three braids the night before, two at the sizes and one in the middle, I completed the makeup and then took my hair out which resulted in tight waves. I also created a henna design on my hand which went well with this look. I hairsprayed my hair and also used a shine spray on top.


Golden Goddess Outfit
MUA: Chelsey Pavey

Golden Goddess
MUA: Chelsey Pavey

Henna and Jewelry  for the Golden Goddess Look
Henna By: Chelsey Pavey 

Golden Goddess
MUA: Chelsey Pavey


Golden Goddess
MUA: Chelsey Pavey

Golden Goddess
MUA: Chelsey Pavey


No comments:

Post a Comment