Tuesday 1 December 2015

Red carpet Style Hair

Hair: Red Carpet

In our hair lesson this week we got to create hair up that was suitable for a red carpet event. We first had some demos of different ideas from our lecturer Emma. Each idea featured different elements as one hair up was created by the use of scalp plaits on the side of the head and then pinned into a bun in the back whereas others had more of a chignon bun at the back using all of the hair. This was something we could all experiment with and make up up our own hair design. 


I decided to further explore the plaiting and twisting side to the hair up style. I first started by giving the hair a side parting and then sectioning the front away from the back. I then tied the back of the hair into a pony tail and used the brush to smooth it. I took small sections out of the pony tail and split it into two then wrapped each piece around each other to create a twist. I then pinned up the twist with hair grips in whatever shape the hair naturally forms. I repeated this process until all the hair in the ponytail was twisted and pinned up onto each other forming a bun. The left front section was then split into two and I plaited the bottom section in a normal plait as apposed to a twist. I then pulled this back and pinned it around the top of the bun. The top section was also plaited and I pinned this back underneath the bun so the plait criss cross on the side of the head. I did the same process of the right front section. I then put small thin grips into the bun in places I felt needed extra support or to close any gaps in the hair.

 Here is my final outcome: 

Hair by Chelsey Pavey

Hair by Chelsey Pavey

Tools 

Hair bands
Tail comb
Denman brush
Hair grips

Evaluation


What Went Well: I enjoyed the freedom of being able to try our own look today. I'm also glad I got to practice a different style of up do by using plaiting and twisting. Considering I didn't really have a plan for the style I was doing I am happy with the outcome. 

What I Could Improve On: Although I was pleased on how my style turned out I still don't think it really fitted the red carpet theme. I think I did a bit of an overload on the plaiting and twisting but never the less I liked brushing up on that skill. I liked the fact that it appeared different although I still can't imagine it one a red carpet. I think if I was going to do this look again I would maybe try the chignon look. I also believe I could have sectioned the front neater but as I was working on a dolls head it can be hard to get the sectioning accurate because of the way the hair is sewn in the doll. I know that on a real persons head the sectioning would be easier and neater to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment