Friday 13 May 2016

Mask Making Theme: Pagan

Mask Making Theme: Pagan


My next theme to explore was Pagan. I like how you can toy with different ideas surrounding nature with this theme. Natural materials can also be used to create different effects. I looked at things such as films, avant garde makeup, hair and costume and catwalks in order to formulate fresh ideas for this particular theme. 

The Hunger Games - Effie Trinket Makeup

Effie Trinket's butterfly costume with makeup and hair to compliment it

When designing a mask for pagan I took major inspiration from the butterfly look of the character effie from The Hunger Games. I love how original this look is and the avant garde feel it gives off. Nature meets fashion with this theme of butterflies running through the character design.


Aveda's Nature Unleashed Catwalk

Makeup from the catwalk by Kylie Smith
Model: Lydia Johnson

I looked for catwalks which held a nature theme and in doing so I came across Aveda's Nature Unleased Catwalk. I found this makeup look which caught my attention as the makeup artist (Kylie Smith) used coloured pieces of paper cut into leaf shapes to decorate the face and neck which not only adds colour but it reflects the nature theme and gives a different texture to the skin. 

References

Vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net. (2016). [online] Available at: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/thehungergames/images/f/fb/EffieTrinket.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140112050802 [Accessed 16 May 2016].

Image.mlive.com. (2016). [online] Available at: http://image.mlive.com/home/mlive-media/pgmain/img/grandrapidspress/photo/2016/03/07/-1d7514bdda69305c.JPG [Accessed 16 May 2016].



No comments:

Post a Comment