Monday 15 February 2016

Face Lace

Our lesson for today was creating Face Lace. For our demo our lecturer Branka covered the brows too to give it a more high fashion effect and to enhance the appearance of the design.

To start today's look, the eyebrows were to be covered. Spirit Gum was applied to a spoolie brush and combed through the brows in the opposite direction in order to coat the hairs. The hairs were then brushed to the side and flattened with a spatula. MME (Spirit gum remover) was used to clean the skin around the brows. The brows were then powdered and the shade D32 was applied on the hairs. This cancels out the dark tones of the brows. If the hairs are very dense and dark this colour can be applied twice. Powder is pressed on top and a concealer shade is mixed up to the natural skin colour and this goes on top of the D32. Powder over this and reapply. Powder once more just to finally set the makeup. 

MAC Face and Body is used for the base and set with powder. The skin is contoured using MAC 'Sculpt' powder. This is applied under the cheekbones and in the socket line of the eyes. The cheekbones and brow bones was highlighted in almost like a C shape. Mehron Black Body paint is used to create the liner and face lace design. Mascara is swept through the lashes. Blush was used to lightly colour the lips and the same colour was dabbed into the inner corner of the eye to bring the look together. Here is the final look:


MUA: Branka Vorkapic
Model: Brittany
Products

Ben Nye Spirit Gum
MME Spirit Gum Remover
Translucent Powder
Kryolan Derma Color Palette
MAC Sculpt Powder
MAC Dollymix Blush
MAC Face and Body Foundation
Mehron Black Body paint
Mascara


I had a face chart planned out for this look today but didn't have much time to execute it so I made a design up on the spot. I incorporated swirls and dots into this look for my new design. I started off by covering up the brows in the same way that was shown to us in the demo. 
I also used Face and Body Foundation for the base on the skin as I felt my model didn't need heavier coverage. I set the base with powder and contoured the cheeks with MAC Sculpt Powder. I used MAC Vanilla Pigment to highlight the cheekbone as I knew this would reflect the light well. I also used his on the inner corner and on the eyelid blending up to where the brow is covered.

It was now time to create my face lace design. I started off by lining the upper lash line and winging it out. I then created a swirling line above this and added black petals by pressing the brush onto the skin sideways. I repeated these swirling lines and used the petals and dots to make the pattern look more presentable and delicate until I was happy with the design. I ran out of time to do the mascara and lips. 

Here is my final outcome: 



MUA: Chelsey Pavey
Model: Aimee



Products 

Kryolan Aqua Color in Black
MAC "Vanilla" Pigment
Kryolan Derma Color Palette
MAC Face and Body Foundation
Ben Nye Spirit Gum 
Translucent Powder 
MME (Spirit Gum Remover)
MAC Sculpt Powder



Evaluation 

What Went Well:
I am really happy with the outcome of today's session. I had a design planned but as I didn't have enough time I had to make a design up as I went along. Taking that into consideration, I am quite impressed with my ability to change the design so quickly. The brows were covered well and I was pleased with how the face lace distracted all the attention from them. As someone who loves face painting, I really enjoyed this lesson and can say that it has definitely been one of my favorites. 

What I Could Improve On:

Unfortunately I didn't have a great deal of time for this look so I didn't get to finish by applying lipstick or mascara. I felt that I could have contoured the cheeks a lot more too and used a bit more highlight so it is more noticeable in pictures. I feel like adding a bit of colour to this look might also vamp it up a bit and bring out the deign even more but overall i'm happy with the contrast of the dark pattern on the pale base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment