Saturday 24 June 2017

Foundation Comparisons

Foundation Comparisons

As my foundation collection builds, I wanted to note down my thoughts on certain foundations I use and mix regularly in order to keep track of how I feel about certain products. This logs it down for future reference. A lot of the foundations I have tried more on my skin than anyone elses so it depends on skin type but these are just my opinions and what I found worked best for me. i have oily/combination skin. Oily in the T-Zone with a few dry areas here and there.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation

This foundation is pretty great. It doesn't have that heavy full coverage look and really does look like skin. The colour match for me seems fine but like with any foundation, You will have to darken it by mixing with a darker foundation if your skin one changes in the sun. I always moisturise my skin before application of foundation and usually conceal too. If your skin is dry this foundation will pick that up and look a little flaky but it's not the worst foundation for this. the bottle has to be shaken before use as the foundation contains a serum and a little ball inside the bottle will help mix up the product when you shake it. 

The colour suits me although is slightly more pink so I do mix other foundations with this. The all nighter foundation (below) is awesome to mix with the naked foundation as this gives you fuller coverage and a more matte finish. Naked Skin does tend to get a bit oily, but this can depend on your skin. Some days it' been perfect and others I have had to non stop powder. This is why I recoommend mixing it on days where you want more wear time as this can tend to wear down by the end of the day. I would say the coverage is mdium as any acne will still have to be concealed well after using this product. 

Overall I would buy it again and use it regularly.

Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

I feel like Urban Decay needed the All nighter Foundation as the naked skin just wasn't enough for people who wanted a fuler coverage product. Naturally I had to try it. You only need a pump of this, maybe even less than that. A little spreads a long way if your really wanna biff this into the skin. This foundations more matte than the naked skin and gives off a heavier appearance but it does coevr a lot more blemishes ect on the skn. 
The colour choices are the same with both foundations and I got the same shade that I was in the naked skin. I'm a 2.0 in both although this foundation seemed to come up a little lighter than the naked fondation. I think as this product is more pigmented, it can look slightly off shade so I would recommend getting tested in store to check what colour you are as there might be a foundation one shade off which suits you better. Although this oxidizes a bit when it dries which is why they say to get the same tone. But check to be sure.

The consistency is a lot thicker and I do like to mix it with the naked skin foundation as this gives me the perfect mix. However I have noticed that I can't wear this foundation loads of days in a row as my skin starts to break out a bit. This product shouldnt have to be powdered loads and can last pretty much all day. When it was released, apparently everyone thought it was sex proof as the box suggested you can get up to dark deeds and the foundation would last (something along those lines). But I don't think any foundation can withstand a lot of face touching, sweat or kissing. I found that this foundation would transfer onto my partners lips so yeah I think the box was lying a bit but others might not have this problem! 
The skin should be well moistured beforehand as this foundation will pick up any dry skin and make it visible but more fuller coverage foundations do this. 
Overall I would buy again and I'm so happy Urban Decay came out with this product. Not one I would use for everyday use but lovely to have for certain occasions.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation 

MAC Face and Body Foundation

MAC Full Coverage Foundation

Makeup Forever HD Foundation

Bare Minerals Foundation

Supercover Cream Foundation

Kryolan Liquid Foundation

Kryolan Cream Foundation


No comments:

Post a Comment