Thursday 3 March 2016

Hair Caging

Hair: Hair Caging

Our lesson today was on how to create shapes in the hair with caging material such as mesh.
Emma used our tutorial to create a bow with her hair mesh which was very effective and pretty. I didn't want to do the same as I wanted to try something different.


I originally wanted to create a heart shape in the hair so I started off by putting the hair in a ponytail. I then folded a strip of mesh in half to make it thinner and stronger. I bent it into the shape of a heart and placed a clip to secure its shape. This was pinned to the base of the ponytail and I used hair weft to clip around it. Unfortunately I didn't like the outcome so I changed my idea to two circles. The weight of the hair made it hard for the heart shape to stay in place and it looked more like circles anyway so I worked with this idea. The hair weft and the hair from the ponytail was wrapped around the mesh and pinned in. The remaining piece from the ponytail was plaited in a fishtail braid and pinned in between the circles.

Here is my final outcome:


Hair Caging Practice by Chelsey Pavey



Products and Tools 

Hair Grips 
Tail Comb
Mesh for Caging
Hair Spray 
Small Hair Bands
Hair Brush 


Evaluation 



What Went Well:

I think my idea for the heart shape would have looked really well if I executed it successfully. I'm glad I managed to adapt my design when it wasn't going right the first time as this gave practice at adjusting something to get a better result. My second attempt was a lot better than the first so I felt I made progress in this lesson but I still have a lot of work to do to master this skill. 

What I Could Improve On:

I found this lesson very challenging as its not something I am familiar with. I struggled with my first idea and changed it in the end but I was still a bit gutted with the final outcome as it looks messy. This is definitely something I need to work on as I don't feel very confident with this. I struggle to be creative with hairstyles as I don't quite feel as comfortable with hair as I do makeup. I know that any practice with hair will get me used to working with it and I will be able to manipulate it into the position I want it to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment